找回密碼
 註冊
查看: 16102|回復: 15

[鐵道] Progress on my N-Scale project

[複製鏈接]
發表於 22-7-2013 02:21:53 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 godwine 於 22-7-2013 02:24 AM 編輯

Hey Guys

As promised, here are some progress.  The last little while, I've been busy building the workstation where I will be working with, after numerous redesign and reinforcement work, I finally have a workspace.  The measurement is 8x8, it now occupy the space of my basement dojo since I don't train at home anymore (i still train, just not at home), Its a wide enough space I am willing to sacrifice.  Here are some pictures, along with the original prototype i built weeks ago, this can be use as a reference to show the workspace I am working with

發表於 22-7-2013 10:33:39 | 顯示全部樓層
What a big project!!
發表於 22-7-2013 12:37:45 | 顯示全部樓層
好羨慕你有咁大地方同財力玩{:1_211:}
 樓主| 發表於 22-7-2013 17:48:39 | 顯示全部樓層
Lol, definitely not rich.  I don't make purchases very often, less than once a month.  The table cost less than 100 CDN in material.

Space, it's Canada, so houses definitely are roomier :)

But yes, it will be a big project, something that I see to be at least 3 years long
 樓主| 發表於 5-8-2013 01:07:24 | 顯示全部樓層
Hello

More update, I started creating the landscape and terrain for the project, got the base layer for 1/4 of the build.  This will be the "City" side of the build, the slope are going to be a mixture of grass and gravel slope, with the bottom a sandy/rocky beach type setting.  The other side of the city is being built, the city build will be approximately 96x36.  The country, suburb build will be on the other end, my rough estimate will be approximately 65x30.  The 2 area will be separated by a wide river, with a small island somewhere in the build....

Here goes the 4/1 build, which is half the cityscape

發表於 5-8-2013 01:23:42 | 顯示全部樓層
Great project!
Just one question
How can you maintain things in the middle position in your layout?
Thx!
 樓主| 發表於 5-8-2013 04:10:35 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi civic

Good question.  Each 24x48 panels are detachable, so I just have to slide them out.  Also dead center will be part of the lake/river, so it will be low maintenance at best, everything else will be situated around the border, so that I can access it without too much trouble.  The challenge is pouring the white glue to level.  My solution is to do all water effect now, then I will cut through the glue with a sharp execto knife, so the the panels remain detachable.
 樓主| 發表於 5-8-2013 04:11:37 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi civic

Good question.  Each 24x48 panels are detachable, so I just have to slide them out.  Also dead center will be part of the lake/river, so it will be low maintenance at best, everything else will be situated around the border, so that I can access it without too much trouble.  The challenge is pouring the white glue to level.  My solution is to do all water effect now, then I will cut through the glue with a sharp execto knife, so the the panels remain detachable.
 樓主| 發表於 11-8-2013 08:15:49 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 godwine 於 11-8-2013 08:18 AM 編輯

Some more update

The base terrain is done for the city side of my design.  I also created an underpass for the country side, the top will be stream with a waterfall leading down.  Detail texturing will be done after, my apologies for the poor picture quality, these are taken with with a cheap cell phone:

The City side layout, with 2 simple office building shown as a reference to its size:

The underpass, the top, where the styrofoam got cut with the dent, will be the location of the stream, then the waterfall down the side with the opening.  Again, a track and train placed as a referece

樓主| 發表於 17-8-2013 07:54:49 | 顯示全部樓層
Managed to get off work early today, so I went and pick up more materials, hoping to complete the basic landscape and terrain over the next 2 weeks.  The bottom layer of the "country" side build is complete.  This is what the general layout will look like

The overall layout, city to the right, country to the left, country will be built with more slopes and tunnels for the track.  For now, the country side will be single track, i don't plan on adding another track to the country layout.  The open area will be water, while the center island will be a small entertainment complex, the idea came from Odaiba (お台場) and Minatomirai 21 (みなとみらい21), if I can find a properly scaled Ferris Wheel, I will also try to replicate the Cosmo Clock

View from a different angle, the country side is going to be at least 3 panel high, i still have to figure out how i want to run the track, but for now, the general idea is to have a single loop track running a shinkansen train.  On the city side, it will just be running through overhead viaduct, while it will be bridges over the water, it will be running mainly bridges and tunnels on the country side.  Also, the underpass will have a waterfall from a wide stream

Track to demonstrate scale and how it will roughly look.  
發表於 18-8-2013 22:53:19 | 顯示全部樓層
:handshake: How comes the space & $$$$$:help:
 樓主| 發表於 19-8-2013 21:22:52 | 顯示全部樓層
Space because I live in Canada, so houses are a lot cheaper, and they are normally bigger.  As $$$ goes, I am not rich, really..... I make just a few purchase over the year, and slowly add to it.  The other props, same thing, i add them in one by one..
 樓主| 發表於 25-8-2013 04:06:23 | 顯示全部樓層
Made more progress

發表於 25-8-2013 04:28:34 | 顯示全部樓層
Space because I live in Canada, so houses are a lot cheaper, and they are normally bigger.  As $$$ g ...
godwine 發表於 19-8-2013 09:22 PM

I will keep looking for your progress update, wish your project complete asap.
 樓主| 發表於 25-8-2013 08:41:48 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Predator
It won't be ASAP :)  I only have a few buildings in hand, and some self made props and thats about it.  I think i should be able to complete the landscaping for 2 sides, or close to 90% complete by the end of next week.  As far as putting in the models goes, that will be long term.

I just place an order for the Kato 23-125 kit the other day through Rakuten.  So I will spend sometime to fit that and the track in first, since thats probably the one piece that will dictate toe location of tracks and a lot of other pieces.  I will post progress
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|Toysdaily 玩具日報

GMT+8, 29-3-2024 05:45 PM , Processed in 0.047877 second(s), 20 queries .