Toysdaily 玩具日報

找回密碼
 註冊
查看: 4375|回復: 9

Obama won the nomination for Democrats......

[複製鏈接]
發表於 4-6-2008 09:26:16 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
.....but that does not mean he is going to be the President. There is still a lot of white people not comfortable with a black president; also,  he has not offered any real solutions to any major problems so far. Good rhetoric doesn't always translate into the Presidency. In many states, Republicants are still the majority, so Democrats might lose the general election........another 4 years of the Republicants?? Prove me wrong.

[ 本帖最後由 ultimatekuuga 於 6-6-2008 08:05 PM 編輯 ]
發表於 4-6-2008 10:31:22 | 顯示全部樓層
I hope the Republican would not win the presidency again, its time for a change.  United States need new directions.

[ 本帖最後由 fieal 於 4-6-2008 12:33 PM 編輯 ]
 樓主| 發表於 4-6-2008 12:00:48 | 顯示全部樓層
One of their problems is imposing so called Democracy on other countries.
發表於 4-6-2008 15:03:02 | 顯示全部樓層
G.W.Bush 係一個太太...太大既包袱(如陳水扁般),但好彩在對手爭咁耐爭出個大頭佛,

而且obama又係黑人,膚色係好大既問題,要解決好難,

如果Hillary 唔出黎做vice president ,obama都幾頭痕,

加上,最大既問題係美國人自身(聰明既就好聰明,無知既就好無知),

一般平民有好大部份人都係好無知,直接點講係stupid .......

個人認為,Hillary 唔做vice president ,obama必敗(除非 McCain身體出現好嚴重問題)
發表於 5-6-2008 09:23:15 | 顯示全部樓層
選戰一場又一場, 同自己人爭完又要同外人再爭... 對唔係美國人o既我o黎講, 都幾煩厭...
發表於 5-6-2008 13:24:39 | 顯示全部樓層
Even if he is the leader for Democrats, the majority of Americans are Republicans. Its going to be quite a challenge for him!
發表於 5-6-2008 14:08:03 | 顯示全部樓層
Well at least its democracy in action.  I just hope Obama would win and bring some real change.
 樓主| 發表於 7-6-2008 22:11:24 | 顯示全部樓層
As I expected...... that is why Collin Powell didn't run (one of his reasons anyway)

美逾半民眾憂奧巴馬被暗殺(明報)06月 06日 星期五 02:20PM

美國有近六成民眾擔心,取得民主黨
總統候選人資格的奧巴馬會被暗殺。

據《聯合報》報道,奧巴馬將於八月二十八日在丹佛民主黨全國代表大會上獲得正式提名,並發表演講。

就在45年前的同一天,美國著名黑人民權領袖馬丁·路德·金在華盛頓發表了那篇影響美國歷史的演說《我有一個夢》,結果隨後遭人刺殺。兩個日子如此湊巧的重疊在了一起,引起了人們很多聯想,有一項調查統計更指出,有接近六成的美國民眾擔心奧巴馬會在競選時遭到暗殺。

報道稱,奧巴馬比美國史上任何一位總統候選人都更早受到特工保護,去年五月他還不被看好能贏,美國特工就開始全天候保護他,至今已一年。

美國一家追蹤白人至上主義網站和通訊的機構報告說,奧巴馬獲民主黨提名的希望大增後,白人至上激進分子也活躍了起來。

喬治亞州一本雜誌最近的封面上,是奧巴馬被狙擊鏡十字瞄準鎖定的畫面。內文引述一名白人至上主義者的話說:「一些白癡會幹掉那個能言善道的魔鬼,接著會爆發種族戰爭」,「我們運動裡的某些人已準備一戰,祈禱戰爭早日發生。」

[ 本帖最後由 ultimatekuuga 於 7-6-2008 10:12 PM 編輯 ]
發表於 7-6-2008 23:22:33 | 顯示全部樓層
I doubt he will choose Hillary, it's risky.  Her lengthy campaign drained her, AND it gave her negative press and impression enough.  While I applaud her "sportsmanship", it was foolhardy and too desperate.
He might have a chance when John Edwards is his running mate, have to see.

McCain I am in a very very mix bag.  I know that his wife is a philantropist.  He also seems to relate to other people as his sons were in military service.

BUT, I also read an article about his hypocrisy.  He recently claimed to be a critic of GWB, but sources found most of his quote defending it in some way.

Is he just a very private person, or he is a person with many things to hide?  This and the past elections have been very "unchoosable" lately for me also....  Have to decide the as some might put it (especially the comic Transmetropolitan beautifully ilustrated it) "the lesser of two evils".
 樓主| 發表於 9-6-2008 13:41:35 | 顯示全部樓層
All politicians are liars and hypocrites, they have to be, the environment in which they work requires them to be.

McCain is a military guy, not an expert in the economy. If you care about the wars, you vote for him; if you care about the economy, you vote for someone else. Whether his wife is a philanthropist, is not important.

Actually, none of them is electable like many others before this election. They never solve any problems; if they did, they wouldn't have to repeat having solutions to the problems mentioned in many other prior elections. If the problems are gone, why would one want to solve them again!? It doesn't matter which party you vote, they have more-or-less the same foreign policy.

The candidates should take several-day-long tests on how they solve the problems instead of wasting money campaigning when voters can only see what the candidates want them to see.

Cost of medicare - go after the CEOs of those Pharmaceutical companies, hospital managements and greedy doctors.

Price of gas - hang those CEOs of oil companies (I will provide the ropes, these people don't even know how to make soap in a flask)! . It doesn't matter whether people start using water as the fuel, it is human's greed that makes things expensive. If they use cow's dune as fuel , cow's dune would be as expensive as oil. Now corns are used to make fuel; food prices jump because corns make bread, feed the pigs/cows and among other things,

[ 本帖最後由 ultimatekuuga 於 14-7-2008 10:49 PM 編輯 ]
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|Toysdaily 玩具日報

GMT+8, 20-5-2024 12:56 AM , Processed in 0.056565 second(s), 20 queries .