[分享討論] 超合金魂 GX-02R Great Mazinger Refurbished

[複製鏈接]
發表於 6-1-2017 11:40:30 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 papaya 於 6-1-2017 03:00 PM 編輯

GX-02R also 10 years already. Usually SOC problem:

1.Wet Rubber hands, head & parts.
2.Main body no more shiny.
3.Chrome become dull.
4.Paint fade on rubber area silver paint on head.

Problem 1: Use alcohol wipe to wipe of dust & stains stucked, OK for rubber parts but NOT OK for main body & hard plastic because will eat away the paint! Wash small parts with soap water. If still got dirt stucked use tape or blutac to stick them up.

Problem 2 & 3: Use damp cloth to clean only. Do not use Alcohol wipe because will eat away the paint!

Problem 4: Cannot do anything.

After finish clean use Pledge Future Floor Care/Shine pour in small bottle, Clean Microfiber Cloth (smooth surface), Soft tip Brush.

After Clean & Dry, Disassemble parts & use stick + blutac and poke onto box for drying.

For small parts & main body can use Soft tip brush dip in bottle & brush on parts make sure no dust, no bubble, not too thick because Future Floor is watery will flow downwards. Just brush until the surface is smooth then let it dry. For parts difficult to blutac to stick (like leg blade) i brush 1 side let it dry then brush the other side. When brush body make sure the joints don't contact each other (upper arms to chest, knee joints, feet joints) because the liquid will stick between, so brush area by area and make sure not too thick near joints.

For big areas like Wing, cannot brush because will leave brush marks. I didn't Coat the Gold wing because original design is not Shinny Look, so i only gloss the red wing & grey area of gold wing. Big areas need to use microfiber clothes, dip cloth into bottle then use finger to control & wipe the cloth onto the wings in 1 direction. Small marks is unavoidable 1st you do a light coat like polishing car then immediately follow with wet layer but this time you need to wipe fast & soft so the liquid will settle with less marking, you know you did correct if the surface looks wet & smooth.

Takes between 1-3 hours to dry depend how thick you use. when it start dry you will see blurry look but after finish dry it will look glossy. if you want to correct do it right after you coat before it starts to dry, or wait until fully dry then do another coat. If you notice uneven surface because you used too thick, you can remove the coat with alcohol wipe but only for rubber parts because hard plastic & main body cannot use alcohol wipe. To avoid uneven coat don't use too thick, just enough to make the surface look smooth, then rest it evenly so liquid will not flow 1 side.

I also used cloth to coat the base & nameplates. I only coat the 4 sides & area where the small plane sits, Didn't coat the floor (original is matte) & area where the feet stands on & bottom of feet because long time contact might cause problem.

I didn't know the alcohol will eat way the body paint so you can see chest area above the V got 1 spot different color coz the paint came off i touch up with gundam marker, also back of wing can see light white "Scratches" because i wiped with alcohol, these cannot be covered with the gloss coat. But from far away not noticeable.

I still have GX-01 & GX-02R, GX-01 quality is very good only sticky rubber no paint fade, GX-02R quality not so good, can see big paint fade on silver rubber parts, also chest V started to crack. The other female robots all have sticky rubber problem on hand & head. Will take half a day to do 1 Robot and more time if you never do before. Now GX-02R looks like few years old only, still not look like Brand New but better than before.

發表於 6-1-2017 11:45:25 | 顯示全部樓層
I bought limited edition of this one, all black stands better performance, but your post is very helpful to maintain.

Thanks for sharing~~~
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|Toysdaily 玩具日報

GMT+8, 20-5-2024 05:01 AM , Processed in 0.048284 second(s), 16 queries .