Toysdaily 玩具日報

找回密碼
 註冊
查看: 32961|回復: 46

[情景] N-Scale Beginner, terrain prototyping

[複製鏈接]
發表於 11-6-2013 01:01:43 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 godwine 於 11-6-2013 01:07 AM 編輯

I started working on my "Mini Japan" since about 6 months ago, most of my time was investing in building structures, train yards and building, this weekend, I finally get around into "creating" a city.  So I figured I will start small by prototyping with a mini city

I started out with a large piece of styrofoam board and laying out the pieces on it:

Next, I trim it to the size I want, since this is only a prototype, I am starting small with a small village with only 3 buildings:

Further mold it to the terrain and shape that I wanted, also made adjustment and template for the buildings to sit in, holes are for running wires when I get the 3V LED installed:

On one side, I decided that I want the terrain to look as though its a "bricked" shore, so I created indentation of brick lines using a credit card

First layer of basic paint applied:

A general overview of the layout:

There are still a lot more that will go on, first my wife suggested the white area to be a park, so it will be green as well.  There will be railings and lighting installed, the water stream will be coated with a product call "Realistic Water" so that it looks real.  Green and brown patches will be textured using Textured paint, tress will be planted, and people will be added.  WIll post update as I see fit
發表於 11-6-2013 09:27:54 | 顯示全部樓層
:71: nice work and support
Thanks for sharing:64:
發表於 11-6-2013 09:44:27 | 顯示全部樓層
Good looking. Like!!!!:71:

Hope to see final stage.:handshake:
發表於 11-6-2013 11:03:07 | 顯示全部樓層
唔諗住整橋咩??!{:1_197:}
 樓主| 發表於 11-6-2013 19:27:24 | 顯示全部樓層
Hey guys, thanks for the reply and encouragements, at least, with you guys replying and "approving" this, I know I am on the right track:)

sundaydriver, I had original plans to make a bridge for this, but I don't know what material to use.  Styrofoam will be too thin and flimsy if i use the right scale.  It will be way too big if i want to make it strong.  Hobby wood is very very expensive here in Canada, I am too cheap to invest in that :)  

My initial thought was to have a bridge between the widest end, create a small island in the middle of the stream for an extra support.  My original idea for this prototype was to create something that resembles 中橋 in 高山市, the scale will be base on 15 ft in width (about 1.2 inches wide on model), since its not meant for cars or trains, I think thats as wide as I want to make it

What are your thoughts and suggestions?
 樓主| 發表於 11-6-2013 20:25:53 | 顯示全部樓層
Just called and found a local hobby store that sells realistic water (that sh!t is so hard to find here), bloody expensive... Will go get some tonight after work
發表於 11-6-2013 23:00:01 | 顯示全部樓層
Just called and found a local hobby store that sells realistic water (that sh!t is so hard to find h ...
godwine 發表於 11-6-2013 08:25 PM

你買左嗱?:@
你有無興趣上網買?
我轉頭搵個網站你參考下先!
 樓主| 發表於 11-6-2013 23:13:46 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi

Not yet, its only 11AM here in Toronto :) I will be leaving work early (around 3:00) and drop by the hobby place first.  A link will be great, I probably will order it moving forward.  BUt for the prototype, I will just get it retail first

That stuff cost $25 Canadian a bottle (16oz)..... and Tamiya texture paint are $16 Canadian a bottle (100ml).  Its crazy expensive..
發表於 12-6-2013 00:06:02 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi

Not yet, its only 11AM here in Toronto  I will be leaving work early (around 3:00) and drop  ...
godwine 發表於 11-6-2013 11:13 PM

WOW!!! :50:  超貴呀。。。
sorry,網站暫時未搵倒。。。不過我諗有個問題你要先解決,就係發泡膠。
其實發泡膠既穩定性同質量都唔適合獨自作為情景既基礎同建構材料。
主要只可以作初步造形,
表面一定要加入石膏或石膏布作鞏固之用。

或者可以先睇下哩段片,大概可以了解整個流程,
當然唔係話要做到咁,只係如果要考慮到上面再有負載物的話,
地基係好重要!!

另外你有興趣造流水既話,
又可以參考下佢地:
http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/?

Youtube上面都好多哩d教學架,
多d上去睇下丫!!!
:65:
 樓主| 發表於 12-6-2013 00:33:55 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks!  I will have a look.  Yes I was really worry about whether styrofoam will be strong enough as a diorama foundation.  My solution is to use compressed or treated wood board, and styrofoam on top for easy moulding, but I never thought about using clay mould, which is a pretty good suggestion.  I will consider that

As far as water is concern, I will get the realistic water (yes its $$$$) first and try to learn how to use other material... a lot of learning to do
發表於 12-6-2013 08:56:01 | 顯示全部樓層
Haha! Lot of learning and lot of fun!! :DD
Hey buddy! 端午節快樂!
發表於 12-6-2013 10:00:15 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi

Not yet, its only 11AM here in Toronto  I will be leaving work early (around 3:00) and drop  ...
godwine 發表於 11-6-2013 11:13 PM

除咗噴車身,一般野我通常都係用呢隻 :65:
water based acrylic paint,
效果比較粗,希望啱你啦
不過我用完支噴筆頭都唔會塞
舊時sears有得埋,架陣唔知嚕。 :64:
 樓主| 發表於 12-6-2013 19:56:02 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 godwine 於 12-6-2013 07:58 PM 編輯

Thanks SundayDriver!

Pigpig2000, I am also using americana, some paint i went with the cheaper brands at Michael's

Update:  So i went to the hobby store that i called, they sold the bottle of realistic water.  I end up getting a bag of E-Z Water at the recommendation of the sales guy, i got home, and realize that it involves heating and melting the damn thing before it can be applied.  That wont work with the prototype, since its 100% styrofoam, and the base are just cheap plastic board, it will not like the heat.  I am taking that back and get something else later I guess.

As for the grass and earth patches, same deal, they are out of texture paint, but they do have powder based glue on turf that i bought.  I will give that a shot tonight or tomorrow and see how that goes, will post pictures when its ready.  The saga continues
發表於 12-6-2013 23:38:03 | 顯示全部樓層
其實呢.........河流既水可以用白膠漿做架!

只要先替條河上色,然後用畫筆將白膠漿厚厚咁塗上去,乾佢一晚,就會有水既效果!

既經濟丶又方便!
發表於 12-6-2013 23:41:18 | 顯示全部樓層
豬豬,估唔到你都識用Aryclic油!:71:

我響中南書局買大陸最cheap果隻36隻色裝,都係$78!手油丶舊化完全掂!

Mr color可以收皮!
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|Toysdaily 玩具日報

GMT+8, 25-4-2024 11:56 PM , Processed in 0.060312 second(s), 20 queries .