Toysdaily 玩具日報

找回密碼
 註冊
查看: 15582|回復: 19

Rocky Balboa Hot Toys 12" Figure

[複製鏈接]
發表於 30-1-2007 16:59:30 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
While I haven't seen the movie yet, still couldn't help but get swept by the heat of Rocky (after rewatching the old movies) and picked up the recent HK Hot Toys Rocky 12" figure. This Rocky has a brand new Hot Toys muscular body unlike the one from Rambo and other previous military release. Even more impressive, Clubber Lang (Mr.T) also has another new muscular body with a sculpt very different from Rocky's. Kudos to Hot Toys for developing two new bodies instead of one.

The figure turns out very nice. The body seems a bit more solid compare to the older muscular body, especially on the armpit. Less stress is on the rubber when the shoulders are raised. Poseability is similar to the old body. Limited, but enough to pose some nice boxing pose. Nothing too dramatic though. Likeness is pretty good too as shown in the pics, though most likely you'll need some paint to improve the eyes and hair (which I did) to make him look less sleepy and more Stallone. The eyes could be more round and droopy, while the nose could be a tad narrower. Neck could be a bit shorter too. So while its not perfect, it does look quite good at certain angle and lighting. It also comes with some nice accessories like an extra pair of taped fists, the championship belt, a white boxer rope, a small towel, and a big American flag. Nothing very fancy, but adds some play value. The belt is especially nice and quite detailed, with printed pics of all four main boxers appeared in Rocky I - IV. Very nice touch.

So in conclusion, this is a very good buy. May not be an end-all figure like the Takara Protect Gear release, but its great at doing what it does, being the best Rocky figure in the market right now. Rocky fans would sure don't want to miss this one.
發表於 30-1-2007 17:04:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Amazing job!!!
發表於 30-1-2007 17:05:37 | 顯示全部樓層
good !!:)
發表於 30-1-2007 17:18:16 | 顯示全部樓層
正!!~:)
發表於 30-1-2007 17:51:59 | 顯示全部樓層
Your photos make it look SO real !!
發表於 30-1-2007 19:14:02 | 顯示全部樓層
Impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shiny:
發表於 30-1-2007 19:35:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Not bad wor!
發表於 30-1-2007 20:26:43 | 顯示全部樓層
:shiny:
發表於 30-1-2007 20:34:22 | 顯示全部樓層
nice picture! one suggestion, can add some sweat on him.:)
發表於 30-1-2007 21:09:27 | 顯示全部樓層
He lost his champion golden belt!!!right!!:DD
發表於 30-1-2007 21:19:36 | 顯示全部樓層
:):):)
發表於 30-1-2007 21:48:29 | 顯示全部樓層
:shiny::shiny::shiny:
發表於 30-1-2007 22:06:22 | 顯示全部樓層
原文章由 boy1420 於 30-1-2007 09:58 PM 發表
小弟想知這隻Rocky大約要幾錢?那裡重可以買到?
希望有大大可以幫到:shy:
thx~

兆萬 2/f 狂熱應該仲有得賣~
 樓主| 發表於 31-1-2007 03:23:23 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks guys for the comments. Yeah, this figure is quite good. It does need some paint touch-up on the face, especially the eye brow, the eyes, and a little bit on the hair. But after you do that, and with the right lighting, he does look quite real. I used to think my Rambo looks better before I buy Rocky. But now, I think Rocky looks better, with a better face & better head proportion. My Rambo's head (First Blood Part II version) is a bit too big.
 樓主| 發表於 14-7-2008 14:24:48 | 顯示全部樓層
My Rocky head arrived. Skin tone matches Rocky IV body better than the orignal head LOL. The head is a tad smaller, but fits on the body very well still. Just need to tilt the head down so Rocky doesn't look like having a long neck. The sculpt is superb, even better than the Rambo jacket version on the face. However, I still think the hair was too round on the top. When rewatching the movie, I find Stallone has more shape to the hair than this new HT sculpt, so the hair looks a bit off or too round at some angles. And when u look closer comparing to the prototype head sculpt, they didn't really change much, other than the front hairline and forehead. They didn't fix the overly round hair shape. The jaw line and ear also pushed back a bit too far, but those are very minor things. Paint-wise, its very good on the face, but just ok on the eyes. Still a bit 'stall' or a blank stare, with eye lines painted too round and perfect, taking away some realism. So for picky collectors, its time to give the eyes some touch up to really make the head sculpt shine. I gave it a try too, and turned out not too bad.

In terms of face, this is pretty much the best Stallone HT head sculpt.

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|Toysdaily 玩具日報

GMT+8, 10-5-2024 05:14 PM , Processed in 0.043193 second(s), 20 queries .